View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:00 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Maristar 225 VRS LT1
The first thing I did was to remove the original registration numbers and the boat name. The original owner decided that putting "I feel the need..." on the back was better than Mastercraft and had them painted on. I found that Easy-Off oven cleaner works wonders removing old paint but it was a bit time consuming. Here it is with the boat name removed, as well as the warning stickers

Name:  IMAG0114.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  61.1 KB

I also removed the ski ladder that came with it. I found that everyone kept leaving it down and it didn't look very good. Anyone have complaints not having a ladder? I know it didn't come with the boat,and it seemed it was only getting used when the ladies had to pee.... I replaced the boat name with domed chrome decals from waterskis.com and I think it looks much cleaner

Name:  IMG_20130824_185514.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  48.5 KB

I also wanted to replace the swim deck padding, although I don't have the funds for a new one at the moment. I found a roll of shop flooring at harbor freight and cut it to size as a temporary solution until I can find the $ for a Seadek faux

Name:  IMG_20130826_171604.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  51.8 KBteak