View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 08:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
I was pulling my daughter and friend on a tube on Sunday, it was pretty busy but not crazy. Off to starboard I see an X-Star pulling three tubes. 'Hey cool, a fellow MC owner' I thought. Then I noticed the crazy zig-zag...there is an observer and a driver in 'star. They are overtaking me from starboard...zig-zagging along whipping the three tubes outside of the wake. As he approached withing 50' of me I'm blowing the horn and checking around me to make sure I'm good to cut the power, which I did. I throw my arms up like '***'. Obverser never even acknowledges we are there...and the kid on the closest tube - now about 30' from my bow and heading in front of my boat gives the the index and pinky rock-and-roll surfer dude salute! Like, I guess this kid thought it was normal to have is jackwagon dad whip their boat and tube into another boat's way. Yeah, before this I'd held MC owners and inboards to a higher standard. No more.
Used to be inboards were slalom boats and the owners were skiers that liked flat water and drove to preserve that.

Wallys had I/O's and pulled tubes and drove in circles. Inboard boat builders went after that market with the big tuna boats like the ballasted wakeboard boats. Any kid with a steady job can qualify for the loans and the lakes are full of them. They were allways there but now they have inboards.