View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.robinson389 View Post
I guess this is considered a rant, but I though I'd see what others think and if they have had similar problems.

While I would like to say this is only a problem with wallys or people who drive I/Os but it seems to be a problem with all types of boaters.

We spent a week on Laurel Lake in KY last week and it might as well have been a 5,500 acre private lake. It was cloudy and calm for most of the week, so the entire lake was glass all day long Monday - Thursday; absolutely incredible water conditions! BUT (here comes the rant) why do people think they are doing you a favor by slowing down from cruising speed to pass your floating boat? It doesn't bother me a bit if you fly by at 45mph WOT (as long as it is a safe distance away) or at idle, but PLEASE PLEASE stop slowing down from cruising speed to 10 mph and act like your're being nice.

We were sitting along the edge of a cliff towards the end of one of the river channels. All six of us were in the water just enjoying the calm quiet day, when a guy comes cruising up in a new Supra pickle fork doing about 30 I guess. Then as he gets close he slows to about 10mph and plows by us giving us a smile and wave as he goes buy and sends giant rollers towards us and the boat (nearly swamped the boat). I'm pretty sure it wasn't on purpose, but why don't people realize that the wake at 10mph is much larger than the wake at 30? I know I don't own the lake and wouldn't have thought twice about him driving by at 25+ mph but when people plow by and almost swamp your boat it is quite annoying.

This is just the latest instance in many years of this happening. Why don't people think? Does this bother anyone else?
And I am very tired of the "they just don't know or realize what they are doing" POSERS go home.