View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 01:28 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft 225 VRS LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarten View Post
Whalenjf, I am anxious to see how you mounted those struts. I know you got yours in but here's how I put mine on the sides. I used the long struts so I could still reach over to load. What did you use to shine up the gel coat? I got mine pretty good with Meguire's but it didn't last. Did you start with wet sanding? Thanks for the help.
Scott
My friend sent me a few pictures of how we mounted the struts. The dividers are also visible in the pictures, you can see how far in we moved them to get more room in the v-drive lockers. We still haven't found time to mount the latch though..... haha.

As for gel coat, it came out pretty well considering it looked like a chalkboard before haha. We started by wet sanding a few areas that had some scratches, ghosting from old decals, etc. Then we used a Porter Cable buffer and Performance Boat Candy products to compound polish and wax it. We used the extreme cut compound along with, the regular polish, and the polymer wax. I also use wipe it down with their speed gloss after most outings.
Attached Images