View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Nearly all the 1998 190s out there will have the foiled rudder and the fourth skeg. The hydrorails were standard equipment in 1999 and were made available as add-ons to the 1998 190s. I know Farmer Ted had his added after the fact, but that was not recent.

My understanding is that the hydrorails had nothing to do with handling characteristics. Their function was to soften the wake a bit. Farmer Ted could certainly give you a good idea about the before and after results of the hydrorails.

I would suggest calling Rambo Marine, Charlotte Ski Boats, and Bay Area Water Sports. Any of those dealers could have some lying around or could give you a reasonable idea on the likelihood of your finding some.

Good luck.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.