View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 05:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
[quote=Goinbroke;970455]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flya750 View Post
While I like the boat.. I feel they over thought a few things..

Like WHY WHY WHY do we need a boat that can be both open bow and or closed bow? This option to me seems to benefit the manufacturer costs and screws the guys who really want the true closed bow boats. I wonder if this "do both" option boat does either one of the functions as well as the traditional designs... Personally, I would never really care to own an open bow competition ski boat. I would NEVER want six people in my boat when I ski short line? DUH!

I have enough crap to carry around... without the option to carry optional seats and hood covers. I'm just not seeing the new design as being that great..

I was excited about the boat when it was first released.. but as I have been learning/thinking more about it... I'm losing interest.. not that I would EVER be able to afford it so it probably doesn't much matter what I think...

I highly doubt there is any loss for the convertible bow. The lid should weigh the same as a standard glassed over bow. So having an the option is great for resale. I think its a real win win.
I'm sure it will greatly help the resale value too. you might want a closed bow which it offers, time to sell, put the seats in it and let it go. Everyone is happy and nothing is sacrificed. I like the open bow.. when we ski on the river, can't have people in the back, so they move to the front and we have an even better ski wake. Also beaching it up, its nice to have the open bow but this does offer the walk on bow cover which I like as well.