View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, maristar 210, 2000
I’ll be running out of Houston Yacht Club in Shoreacres (between Seabrook & La Porte) headed up the San Jacinto of into Clear Lake tributaries to do a little boarding. The boat will be cleaned & stored in the garage while not in use. Our plan is to move up to Austin area in the next 4-5 years (looking at Lakeway area, or maybe north side of the lake), depending on development, lake levels, & when I decide to change career paths. I really miss the fresh water!

I will be keeping the heat exchanger setup, & it already has a flush point (though it looks like it was never used….). My neighbor also has a powder coating set-up, so everything will be powder coated then if it is best.

I have been looking into the sacrificial anodes, is there one that can be added to the heat exchanger interior? I would think it would be beneficial inside the area with saltwater. Also you suggest bonding all parts together; how is this done? Any links to info on this?

I ride skis primarily in the ocean, so it seems like more time is spent cleaning & wrenching than actual riding!

Thanks for the tips!
Luke