View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 04:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 M/C 205, 5.7 TBI
Update 8/16

Ok its 900 degrees down here in Florida, so working outside in an inferno and always fun (not). Got the interior mostly ripped out. Would like to redo with skins but its gonna be foam and skins on many pieces, will start estimates later. anyone used an overtons bucket seat (wise) instead of redoing MC seat? I exposed the drive train and after three days of PB plaster finally got the rudder to move and removed. The cable tube is welded together (galvanic corrosion) and will result in a new cable and tube. Removed the gas tank (Moeller 32 Gal ) and found about 5 gallons of Varnish and tar in the bottom- That was fun, but got it all cleaned out and will have to order new sending unit and fittings as well as pick up. Any leads? I've contacted Moeller via email- no reply yet. Will call next. The Engine and tranny mostly likely toast- Manifolds totally rusted on as well as many parts on engine. Raw water pump fused and my guess is that the interior ports of the engine are in the same condition. Blackcreek thanks for the feedback Ill do that but these mounts are pretty much gone- Where can I find new ones? Tranny (Hurth 450D) doesnt sound very smooth as I turn but no overt leaks, but its gonna have to be checked out and triaged. the coupler looks welded together. Sooooo Next is to get prop off. Shaft out and then start the removal of the engine and tranny and start really accessing the possibilities. More later Rebuild Engine or New?? Any advise on Michigan motors: changing over to PCM from Skidim;or other on engine redo. Thanks to all and anyone chime in? Thanks Wingnut
Attached Images