View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 06:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I wouldn't use anything on the bolts. If anything, chase the threads down with a bottom tap and clean the blots with a hand held wire brush. Be sure the make sure the mounting seats and cheeks of the bolts are clean too.

Loctite is a is definite no no on exhaust bolts/studs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossterman View Post
Get some good gasket material and make one. Very easy just place on top of manifold surface and rub head of a hammer around the internal & external edges and it will leave an outline of where to cut it.
Thanks CR. I just talked to my mechanic and he said he considered doing that but now that I mentioned it that he would do it.

Rossterman, That is the route we are going. Hopefully it will save the weekend.

Does anyone know the tourque specs. I'd like to send him a message with those just to make sure.

another guy said there must be an MC dealer around. I'll stick with the guy who should have done it right the first time last week. He is pretty embarrassed. Said its never happened before. And of course it is being repaired at no charge.