A quick update.
We finally got the boom sorted. I ended up putting all 3 mounts on the large main tower tube. This required us to put one adjustable arm on above the main mount and the other below. We also ran the boom straight out behind the 'shock' for the tower and not in front of it canted so far forward.
There is a good bit of spray on the side of the X10 but it is not that much more than we used to get on the old 205.
I made a quick test run on just the boom and then with the short rope. My son made a couple of runs and we got his friend up for the first time.
I did not take any snaps today but I'll try and post some pictures next time we go in 2 weeks. If anyone wants to see the mount points before then let me know and I'll take some pictures while it is on the trailer.