View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Ideas for ski lockers?

So I'm going to rebuild my ski lockers, as the plywood is rotting and my speakers keep falling out. They're currently stock, but given that I'm in an 88 ProStar and storage space is at a premium, does anyone have any suggestions I should incorporate in the new units to improve the design?
Current lockers:

Other than duplicating them out of new material, I don't really have any ideas on how to improve them. I'll re-cut the speaker holes so they're smaller and fit my current units, and I plan on adding LED strip lighting in and under the lockers (blue) to make it easier to find things and so we can see at night. It's hard to see in the photo, but each locker has a bottom that's about 4" deep, which forms a shelf at the bottom of the locker. I don't want to make it any deeper, it'll intrude in to the walking space, but I have thought about having the locker go all the way to the boat floor, or raising it up, but I don't think that will do anything.

I've thought about maybe putting some bungee straps in, to hold things in place (ATF, oil, boot lube, etc) but I don't know if that's going to make much of a difference. I'm really looking for things that will really help improve the amount of storage and increase usability.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Greg