So the new short block didn't arrive until today so my plans to start on the swap this past weekend was a bust - instead decided to tackle freshening up the exterior. Started with 800 then 1200 grit wetsand, then moved to polisher with color restore compound, then polish and finished her off with a couple coats of wax. Amazing how much of a difference it makes.. Here's a before and after of one of the badly oxidized spots:
Also soaked the platform in teak oil, about 4 coats I think.
I pulled the timing cover and balancer today after work and cleaned em up and resprayed. I decided to pay a local boat shop to pull the old short block and drop in the new one tomorrow which will leave me to have to install the top end and all externals, etc. With any luck she should be running before the weekend's over!!
Just curious to see what I can't remember goes where lol.. Everyone be on stand by to send pictures upon request all weekend, lol!