View Single Post
  #62  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:38 AM
tim79mc tim79mc is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: 1979 Stars & Stripes
Location: Northeast
Posts: 89
Engine in

Water pump was removed and gaskets replaced, housing painted. T-stat housing replaced w/ new top hoses, U-fitting going to water pump also painted and re-tapped 1/4 NPT drain hole that was buggered up. Now, no water leaks! That's the first time in 10 years...

New alternator that actually works. It took some time to find it. Got an Arco 60125. I needed to space it out just a bit with a few washers, but it works great. I wired it with the sense wire, so I'm regulating at the battery terminal. New voltmeter reads 13.5V dead on. No more charging the battery every few weeks.

My quick change oil hose fitting was stripped out and siliconed in place, so I took that out, cleaned out the oil pan threads and replaced with one from overtons (#26163). My engine had the 1/2"-20 thread, standard Ford thread.

All of the electrical was rewired - another post for that...

The fuel pump gasket was leaking oil, so I replaced that as well. Decided against changing the fuel pump- it's still working and not all that difficult to change if I need to later.

The exhaust is hooked up and stable. Two cradles are lined with high temp silicone rubber to hold them off the floor. Works great.

Locating the engine mounts was the hardest part. Patience, patience...

Reply With Quote