I fixed mine in 2010. I removed the rub rail and insert. drilled out the deck fasteners...most were loose. On my 95 they used rivets. I put 3m 5200 adhesive in all the holes and put all new rivets in. Waited a week and then re-installed the rub rail and insert. The I ran a beat of the 5200 along the deck hull union. All in all took me about 4 hours of real work. Longest part of job was drilling out old rivets - cuz they wanted to spin when I drilled and re-installing the rub rail. Re-installation of rub rail is not hard - took about an hour.
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....