View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 01:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Maristar 240 SC
Ok, I have been slacking bad on my refurb updates. I am sure I will forget some things but here goes my month and a half. I put about 15 hrs into cutting, glazing, and waxing. I am not finished, but roughly 3/4 of the boat is good enough until off season.

I got her running pretty well. I was having problems getting over 3500 RPM. I finally found the fuel filter and replaced it. I have not yet had a chance to crank it again and see of my varnish covered filter was the problem.

I rebuilt the transmission. Aside from the stupid woodruff key it went smoothly until I snapped my forward clutch assembly in the press. Found a new one cheap and got it all buttoned up.

I got the teak cleaned up a bit and oiled.

I sold my sea-doo for a profit which I thought was pretty good. I never expected to make money on a toy. It opened up a little room in the mastercraft budget though!

I replaced my thermostat, trans cooler, and bilge blower hoses. I upgraded the bilge pump from 500gph to 1500 and 1 1/8 smooth wall hose and bulkhead. I repainted my steering wheel and a couple of other minor pieces.

Today though the boat finally took a big step forward with some new carpet.

I think that nearly gets me up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk