View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: run about 2000
Thanks for the info guys. I also have noise issues. When I hit the power trim I hear load cracks in the speakers and then hear the motor lifting. After reading the post I am sure it is because not all my + cables go to the common on the battery switch which I plan to fix. In addition, I have a large + wire going from the common on the battery switch to the amp, and have a smaller + wire going from the common on the battery switch to a fused terminal block under the dash where my HU connects on both the yellow and red wire (red wire has an inline finger switch.) This fused terminal also feeds lights and various other items (not the power trim). From what I gather (option #1), I should remove the yellow wire from my fused terminal block and terminate it directly to the + wire feeding the amp??? In addition, the red wire does not need to be moved from the fused terminal block as it is just an on and off switch and does not carry a load???
Or (option #2), would it be better to take the + wire currently feeding the amp and use it to instead feed the fused terminal block (which feeds lights and various other item). Doing this would eliminate that 2nd smaller + wire I had feeding the fused terminal block. In addition, I would run a new wire from the fused terminal block to the amp, followed by the HU yellow connected at the amp, and would leave the red on the fused terminal block.
I assume option #1 is appropriate but need some feedback from the pro’s. Thank you!