Thread: Tantrum tips?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 02:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
some people prefer the backroll some people prefer the tantrum. Try a couple of each and see what feels better. I learned the tantrum first and the backroll second. However the backroll feels completely more natural to me and the wrecks associated with learning each also were less on the bankroll.

With that said I have buddies that were the complete opposite of me.

In the video you are leaving way to early. MAke it to the top of the wake. When you think you want to pop and initiate it, wait 2 more seconds. You're definitely trying to muscle it yourself. The wake pretty much will initiate everything for you if you wait and make the trip flip edge pop so easily. So really wait on it. I would also speed up a bit. Really start on the gas hard towards the wake when you cut in, then let off and flatten out a bit right before you go to the "trip flip edge" where you square up. the huge key for me was really exaggerating laying out with only one hand on the roper as I entered the trough as mentioned. Make sure your head goes straight back not around and back and make sure your arm holding the handle stays extended otherwise you will start to rotate in the air.