I tried troubleshooting my transducer again at the lake this past Saturday.
I found a spot of water 10 foot deep and anchored, while trying to get a consistent reading.
If I take the transducer and put it directly against the hull, I get a good reading; but if I put it in the mount it's about 6' off. After re-reading the instructions, I realized that I hadn't put the antifreeze/mineral oil inside my mount base.
What is the purpose of the antifreeze and would not having it in there cause my problems?