Thread: Fuel pump help
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 01:45 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
You're in the minority from personal experience and what is posted here.
To me, replacing a faulty $70 part "before" it breaks sounds like good PM to not ruin a day on the lake.
When you're like me and lucky to avg 30-40hrs/yr on the boat (less now w/ the AK adventure thrown in) you want ot make every day count.
I carry a spare pump JIC but will be replacing it after I get to 200hrs or so on the boat.
To the OP.
If it was the fuel pump, sounds like it was, when you replaced it, did the fuel lines all push back on real tight?
Buddy had an issue where the fuel lines were a bit loose on the pump after replacing. had same symptoms as bad pump. Added hose clamp(s) to the line and solved the problem.
I hear you. I've been very lucky when compared to others in the same year group. I have learned from others and I fill up every weekend regardless of our intended use.

On the other hand, like you, don't want to end up missing any hours on the water. I've gone the same route and have then entire fuel pump change out kit handy!! There is nothing wrong with either good PM or being prepared for when, not if, it will happen to me.
Attached Images