Thread: Fuel pump help
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 10:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 xstar
Fuel pump help

Completely stumped..... Boat is an 07 xstar SS with 6.0 crusader. Ran boat for about 3 hours the other day and everything ran fine with no issues. Make it 100 yards from the dock and the fuel pump dies. Cycle the key a few time pump kicks on and motor starts up with no issues. Make it another 10 yards boat dies again. Repeated same process cycling key, boat starts up just fine and gets me to the lift.

So without question it's the notorious fuel pump. Ok no biggie have a spare one brand new in the box just because I knew I was due for one (pretty sad knowing that owning a boat that retailed 100k when new but that's a whole other story) any way, threw the new fuel pump in and bam same exact problem. Hooked up to the computer and there are no fault codes, no check engine lights no alarms, nada.

Went through all the connections and checked all the grounds and everything looks good. Any ideas ? Also the pump is the exact same Carter pump used in all fresh water series, so the salt series should have no bearing on this issue that I would think.