View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Roush- You definitely sit up higher. In the old seat the top of the seat would hit me in the lower shoulder blade area. Now it's closer to the lower rib area. My wife is a little concerned about it, but I have a feeling that by the end of the summer, the foam will have compressed a bit. I'm expecting about a 1/2" loss in seat height, which should make it about perfect. If it's still a problem, I might pull the skins and cut out some foam, but I really don't think it'll be that bad.

Lotus- that's a sweet looking interior combo. I like how you saved the seat base, but mine was too far gone. The cushion was complete junk, at least as far as the skin went. I like your idea of having the area under the seat open, allows for storage of larger items. I might think about cutting out part of the front, to allow for storage of larger items, but for now this will work. I'm also thinking about maybe putting some LED lighting under the bench, for night time visibility in the walk ways.

Thanks for the positive feedback! I was a little unsure when I started this project- had a vision, but wasn't sure I could pull it off. Glad it worked out. I think next, I'm going to replace the plywood in the ski lockers.

G