View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:17 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
i just went through my amp install. i ended up routing the power across the tranny and then along the outer edge under the port seats then up to the molded in ring at the observers seat and then along the underside of the port helm/storage and then to the amps. i was initially going to run them up with all the other wires tucked up under the gunwale but the 2 runs of 0-gauge were pretty heavy and i was worried about them sagging over time and magically appearing where the cupholders are. at the time i had my rear bench backrest out as well as the fiberglass section in the center of the rear bench. because of the size of the wires, i didn't even consider going over the tank like the factory power wire. my plan was to repurpose the factory 10ga to power my WS420 over in the helm. when i tried to pull it back to the battery i found it was caught on something so i thought i could just pop up that center carpet section. just 2 screws. i never could figure out how to get it out. i could, however, pry it up enough to see that my old power wires were ziptied to the PP wires heading to the helm. i had just enough room to reach in and cut the ties.

bottom line, even with the center fiberglass section out, mine wouldn't budge.