View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 650lbs of Lead.
Lots of good points here. Both are awesome boats.

I can honestly say that I have never felt like the bow was small on my 30, in fact it seems very roomy. Both have lots of storage, but the 30 has more. My kids crawl from the bow to the rear lockers all underneath the cushions. They call it the tunnel. At any time there are 12+ life jackets, a couple surf boards, a couple anchors, 5-6 wetsuits, cleaning supplies, 2 big blankets, paddles, and a bunch of other stuff all hidden under seats and there is still a ton of storage. Oh, and some lead too.

As for the rear seat, everyone LOVES that feature and we use it all the time. Even camped out on the boat last summer and used it as a bed and it was perfect. I know for our family we would use it at least twice as much as the rear seats on the 25. Kids love sitting here to watch boarding or surfing too. I would never let kids seat in the rear 25 seats while underway.

As for wakes, both are awesome. X-25 is supposed to be the best stock wake going. What I like about the 30 wakeboard wake is how clean it is at all speeds and you can keep throwing weight at it and it keeps getting bigger without washing out. I had a finicky wake before on my last boat and it gets old.

Good luck with the decision, can't really make a wrong choice.