Originally Posted by jschildm
- Slalom video before lesson
After a late season visit with Doug @ The Liquid Edge for my first ever slalom lesson (been slaloming since I was about 8 and am now 27) ...
1. BEND KNEES
2. Lead with hips (not shoulders)
End Goal: Make it through a slalom course.
Its been a hard process to do "drills" and change things I have been doing for a long time. Right now I am about half and half, but I have a long ways to go. Hopefully can make it back for a lesson earlier this year.
1. Get better riding on my opposite foot
2. Tricks on the flat
3. Do a trick (was working on wake 2 wake 180 but would settle for anything)
1. Not be afraid because of my knee
2. Not hurt my knee
Sorry for the videos being really far away and a long post.
I'm with J... we can encourage each other... I am getting a bit better and will be using my video camera after every run to make sure I lead with hips and be agressive.