4/26/2013 Update: All of the trim has been touched up and 1st coat of poly is on.
Now that the carpenter is done and out of the house we took some time to touch-up all of the nail holes in the trim and put the 1st coat of poly on all of the red oak (steps, railing and posts). We decided to go with a clear satin poly on the red oak as not to hide any of the grain and boy did it come to life with just one coat. I plan to put at least 3 coats on the steps and railing, possibly more on the steps but we will see. Not sure that the pic quality does it justice but here are a couple shots.
Well drilling is still in progress....I am really starting to think we will hit China soon!!!
Next up is more poly on the red oak and painting all of the interior doors.