View Single Post
  #12  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM
agua4fun's Avatar
agua4fun agua4fun is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: Prostar 190 Sammy Duvall
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 332
I ended up creating a small shim with west system epoxy under the strut. I used the strut as a form, with a mold release. Then after it cured, I cleaned the mold release and used silicone between the strut and new epoxy shim. - bolted back up, alligned the engine and now i'm .001 up/dn & .003 L/R

Left/Right is tough to get the engine to only move a small amount. It kept going too far everytime i tried to move it. Now thinking about it i should have used a clamp or block etc.. to create a stop on the opposite side i was pushing on. Also, i found 3 of 4 nuts on the front horizontal pins weren't even close to tight.

Replaced the packing. The strut bearings looked fine.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Dave
Reply With Quote