View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1984 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes, 351 windsor
My 1984 Stars and Stripes Restoration

Hey guys, I am new to this forum but I hear this is the best place to be to learn about everything mastercraft. I came upon a 1984 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes. On the surface it scared me a bit. I'm 22 years old and I've restored 2 old VW buses so I know the amount of work involved. We bought it from a friend of a friend who assured us it looked rough but it was all there. He hadn't taken it out in almost two years but did some work a few months ago as he was planning on taking it out this summer. So far these are the things I've done. I color sanded and waxed it and it was amazing how it looked brand new. Interior and carpet was completely replaced. New wood and boxes as well for the seats as the old ones were pretty rotted. I replaced all the water hoses, belts, spark plugs, impeller, battery, coil, fuses, bilge pump and plan on rebuilding the carburetor, servicing the transmission and replacing the seal on the drive shaft (boat takes on quite a bit of water and I hear this could be the main reason). Put a stereo in it with alpine equipment everywhere. Boat came with a brand new bimini top and a cover that was a couple years old. Trailer was completely redone about 2 years ago, painted, led lights, everything. I plan on freshening up the dash, engine/transmission work listed above, teak deck, etc. This is my first mastercraft and so far I love it after taking it out for our first trip last week. Anything that I missed that absolutely needs to be looked at/replaced?

Check out some of the pics...

http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/t-...Stripes?page=1

(Photobucket includes all pics I have so far.)
Attached Images