View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:19 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
they are pretty easy to apply. I did my own without any previous experience. You can find some u-tube videos showing how. Be sure old decals completely removed and clean/buff hull. Wipe with a good solvent to remove any wax. Then put 2-3 drops of dish soap in a spray bottle of water. Locate where you want the decals and hold them in place by putting a piece of tape along the top. Then remove the backing and spray the decal and hull lightly with the water. Apply the decal. You will be able to move it around a little to get in the proper location. The use a credit card or small squeegy to remove the water and any air bubbles. Let it dry over night and you will be done. If you are using original size, should be no problem at all. If you are going for a large decal or "wrap" then it might get a little more involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDJ_205 View Post
Good Morning Fellow TT members

A friend of mine recently purchased an early 90s Prostar 190.

He purchased new decal stickers to replace the old ones on the boat but at this point is unsure as to where to look for someone to put them on.

Do you know anyone in the Chicago area (south suburbs / Northwest Indiana) that could help with this? Maybe Southwest Michigan too?

Thank you!

Jim