Originally Posted by homer12
I agree with you guys on not using a brass or similar softer metal drift for shaft extraction. I will do differently in the future. For those without an arbor press, here's the method I used to put the shaft/bearings back in the housing. I used long bolts through the flange on the shaft and then used part of a harmonic balancer puller. I went slowly turning each bolt about a 1/4 turn each and pushed it back together nicely. We'll find out how successful this was when I get her out of storage and fired up.
Might be some confusion here. I am suggesting that you DO use a softer metal if you are going to hammer the shaft out.
Gone, out doing soft recreational past time with overpowered boat!
ALABAMA'S #1 BANDWAGON FAN!! AND DOESN'T WANT TO WAIT UNTIL 2014 TO PLAY THE ONE AND DONE CREW!!!