Worked most of today on "Old Blue" - it is really nice to see progress in the perspective of all construction and no more deconstruction. Hopefully things move quickly once the plywood comes in. It's hard to think about where everything needs to go without the engine in. I've been waiting to get the plywood cut before putting in the engine- seems like it will be much easier that way.
The transom is polished. Wet sanding worked great - I'm glad I didn't paint it, but I also think I will be needing to wax often this summer.
You can see the old finish on the side- no reflection, it's pitted and rough. The transom is smooth and mirror-like. Love seeing the blue flake back in form.
The swim platform was in sad shape. I finished off reinforcing the gussets and cleaned up the whole piece.
The blower grill in the rear was a mess. Fixed that & you can see the polished top rear deck blue flake.
And, here's my motivation... Ice is off and sun is out...