View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 04:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
The 330HP engine in 2001 was called LTR, but the calibration is very different from the TBI. However, you could have it recalibrated by sending the ECM to Indmar or MasterCraft. You would need the new engine to be extremely similar to the LTR, with the same throttle body, intake manifold, plenum, MAP/Throttle Position sensors, etc. If you really don't need the extra 20 HP and hassle, the TBI is still a very good engine. Not as sexy, but a good engine. You could also check Jasper for a replacement- they would need some information from the existing engine, but they do sell internationally. Here's a link-

http://www.jasperengines.com/contact.php

All of the engines I used that came from Jasper were excellent- ran great and I never saw any problems. Their warranty is better than most, too. It's too bad the GM Performance Parts engines aren't warrantied for marine use- the 350 Ramjet would be a killer.
Having sold Jasper engines and powertrain products, I can confirm what Jim says about their quality. Definitely on top of the quality level of remanufactured engines. Their facilities are amazingly clean and their employees are treated and paid very well so as to keep them for the long haul. It isn't unusual to find people there for 20-30 years. They really stand behind their warranty, though I'm not certain how that would pertain to products in Costa Rica. Never the cheapest, but always the quality you expect.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com