View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 06:09 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, 351w Holly 4160, Edlebrock performer
Thanks for the words of welcome. I figured I've been through enough with this boat that I can contribute back with some of my experience.

The engine is a brand new 351 long block without a core exchange (still have the old block). The intake manifold was ruined. The only engine upgrade is the Edelbrock performer intake. Other than that, she's all stock. The tranny is the 1.52:1 model.

The motor and tranny are back in the boat. The interior is completely gutted. The side panels and rear seat literally fell apart while being removed.

I reconditioned the exhaust manifolds and risers, the cross brace for the ski pylon, and the steering system. The rear brackets and entire rudder assembly had to be taken apart and cleaned / greased. Had to replace all the zerk fittings. The pylon brace had several bolt ripped out on one side (were they trying to pull out a tree or something?!). I repaired this by drilling out and tapping the holes for the next size up bolt.

Along the way to rebuilding this boat, I got sidetracked with silly things like marriage and having a baby with my wife (the lady scooping crap out of the bilge in the pictures).

But here's the good news. I'm back on the project!

I have to glass in mounting points for the fuel tank, install the sending unit and fuel withdrawal tube, fuel line, fuel tank, carb, exhaust manifolds, alternator, and then all I have to do is point-to-point wire the entire electrical system! (piece of cake!). I'm hoping to actually start the engine sometime in April...and then I'll focus on the interior.