View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
3/25/13 Update: Tile floors are going down.

With the whole house painted and while we are still working on staining the trim work, I decided to start tiling the floors that get tile as to get it done before the trim carpenter sets the baseboards. So, with some help from fellow TT member Mgboyd, who was itching to learn some new tiling skills, the project began. We put in some long evenings but all of the floor tile is now down (master bath, upstairs bath, back hallway/half bath/laundry room).
We used ceramic in the upstairs bath and porcelain everywhere else and went with a fairly simple angled/off-set pattern. We will have to wait for grouting until we have water in the house but at least all of the floor tile is down. Now time to move onto the master shower and the bath surround!

If anyone needs a good tile person I think Mgboyd now has the skills to pull it off!!!

Here are a few pics of the work, I will get a pic of the finished master floor later today.

So, up next, besides the shower and bath tile, the trim carpenter arrives on Wednesday with the steps and railing to start his work. It is supposed to take him 2 weeks to get all of the doors hung, trim up, kitchen and bath cabinets installed, etc.. After that we move on to the hardwood floors!
Things are getting closer to completion......at least on the inside as we still have nothing but mud outside!
Attached Images