View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Boat: 40th Anniversary X14
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Here we go again on the MCX / RTP comparisons. Dyno sheets don't lie and if the execrations made by Indmar and other engine manufactures are true (as stated in another recent post) then your extra 10 - 15HP you get from the MCX (all at high RPM BTW) are not going to make any real noticeable difference in hole shot or what a boat can pull. Take this with the fact that we're talking about a 197 that weighs nothing compared to a x25 or a x30 and I'd have a hard time believing that the RTP wouldn't do well in this set up.

Would I rather have the MCX in two identical boats for sale at the same or very close price..... sure. Would it stop me from buying a boat of this size with an RTP..... no. I wonder how many people could actually pick the MCX out in a Pepsi challenge between boats. There are so many factors that go into overall performance when setting up a boat. With that little difference in HP a good prop versus a not so good prop could make up the difference in performance.
RTP is a big deterrent for me for slalom. Not so much if it is inan x1 or x2 for boarding. The torque and HP curves have been posted here before
40th Anniversaary X14

'97 Prostar 190 - LT-1 (For Sale)

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.