Thread: Stupid injuries
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Was in Home depot, decided to pull a couple 2x12x16 footer pressure treated boards off a rack. One dropped a few inches and smashed the tip of my index finger against the metal rack. Real bad (those wet pt boards are heavy!). Blood pouring out everywhere. I was so embarrassed I squeezed it as hard as I could, ran into the restroom and made a paper towel tourinquet. took weeks for that to heal.

Hammering a dead cicada shell on a tree. Put the claw into my forehead on the backswing. Stitches on that one. In my defense I think I was 6 or 7 at the time.

Opened a tennis ball can, somehow managed to slice my pinky finger with the metal edge of the can lid pretty bad, enough to see things I didn't want to see. Poured alcohol on it, wrapped it up tight and hoped for the best.

My grandfather cut the tip of his finger off with a table saw, put turpentine on it, wrapped it up and went back to work, so I guess I come by it naturally. I do own a sawstop, however

Broke a rib last year on a slalom ski, I'm an intermediate level skier at best, was showing my kids how to do it. I had signaled my son to increase speed a few times as he started off too slow. I was thinking to myself, hmm, this does seem a bit fast, but it had been years since i was on a ski. After I wiped out, he tells me we were going about 36 or so, which is way faster than -I- need to be going. Lesson learned, be very specific with inexperienced drivers and remember I'm not as young as I used to be.

And of course who hasn't singed off their facial hair at least one time in their lives....