View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
Thomas Jefferson lived from 1743 to 1826. It's sort of like saying we should still keep defending ourselves with the musket. Unfortunately we live in the day and age where people for enough money can get access to stuff they should not. Just one more tool for defense against the seriously bad people. People want total freedom and then something like 9/11 (pick the event to your liking) happens and then they cry that enough was not done to stop it. How exactly to you find the bad people if you don't go looking? It's not like they have a sign tattooed to their forehead.

Oh, by the way, I have read the constitution, thank you very much/
Your right, we should be allowed to own bazookas if we want to defend ourselves, especially against the government. Why do you think they want to ban AR's and the like? Because they pose a deterrent to the government to control us. We are no match to them if we just have hand-guns and shot-guns.

I would rather face terrorism in the face than have our completely bloated, out of control government snooping around in my bank records or any of my other personal correspondence. They have no right to do so, and we have the 4th Amendment that says,
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul