After a lot of reasearch, and all the tools I had access to (forklifts, shop, etc) I went with this idea. The stern lifting hooks proved to be a strong lifting point, as designed. I didn't trust the bow lift eye, it just didn't seem strong enough, so I just used a series of jack stands and a floor jack to position, and reposition, and again. Below, pics of how it stands now....."insurance" with lots of back ups. Jack stands on the bow, and floor jack on the bow, large foam filled sponsons to support the stern, and a cable ran through the stern lifting hooks, connected to an engine hoist. Then, to further give me piece of mind, 2 boat stands on either side of the transom. Only an act of God could knock this thing over.......hmmmmm, I do live in the Northwest...more to come.