View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 11:59 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkorep2 View Post
No its not the angle, its not square, but Im not really sure why? And Im not sure what effect this will have if any on the function?

Maybe you could enlighten me? On of the other things Ive noticed is that the butterfly valves, the primary ones move very freely until I want to close them, then they seem to bind up a little somewhere. Im pretty sure that is an issue that needs to be addressed.
If the accelerator pump arm isn't square with the bolt it contacts with, it could slip off the edge of the bolt and get hung up. I would remove the arm and housing and slightly bend the arm to get them to line up better. Be sure not to cause a bind in the arm/housing.

As I recall, you removed the throttle blades and had issues with the screws. If you did not get the throttle blades perfectly square when you re-installed them, they are likely offset slightly and binding on one side of the throttle body. You should be able to see this with careful inspection. Just a matter of loosening the screw a little and getting it perfect. Take your time to get this right as you don't want a situation where this could bind and not close.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com