View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:01 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrove View Post
I think I'm in the majority in saying MC and CC both screwed up with their latest flagship boats. MC with the X-Star made some questionable style choices particularly in the exaggerated pickle fork extensions plus depending on your point of view either was surpassed or at least lost their advantage in pure wake performance. CC with their G23 made some awesome performance improvements but created a fugly boat that while it produces an awesome wake has some seriously negative handling characteristics and user problems. Both companies also gave their less than perfect boats massive price increases.

Interested to see which company changes first. If neither makes a move, they've both left the market open to Malibu, Tige, etc to step in and take ownership of the dominant wake boat. Don't get me wrong - both boats have an awesome wake, but both come with baggage that should not be present on a $120k boat.
That is like saying Lexus and Infinity have left the market open to Kia and Chrysler. How malibu continues to be considered an elite boat baffles me.

Sorry for the threadjack......I just couldn't help myself.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul