View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Wakesetter VLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr1 View Post
Here are a couple of pictures of the speaker cans that came with my boat:

The dark marks are where the salt broke through the clear coat and got down to the aluminum underneath. On my speakers once this happens then you can't really polish it out. It's just cosmetic and unless I point it out no one really notices. I haven't had any of the electronics fail because of the previous salt water use. My boat does have zincs on the rudder, shaft and heat exchangers. The salt water boats in 2006 had these upgraded wiring, stainless hardware, built in flush kit and raw water strainer.
Thanks. I'm more convinced that it is water spots now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
How about give us your geographical area instead of "exiled on outboard island" would help with the market value. IE if your're in Hawaii, you're stuck with whatever is available. If you live in Florida, get in the car ad go buy one that isn't all beat up and put a closed cooling kit on it.
WTh is that black crap near the transom? Decal, mold, big bird sh!t, red gel rubbed thru to the black?
Considering my loaded, mint, 150hr, 06 is worth low 40's (maybe $44k to the right person on the right day), I wouldn't pay but maaaaaybe $30k for that boat.
Trailer work: $1500 min prolly more
Vinyl: $5k installed.
Cut n Polish whole boat: $1000min
Ballast pumps will be junk soon if not already from the salt: $1k installed
Cover and Bimini:$1500
Anything else that isn't up to snuff due to saltwater or lack of care: $2k?

That's $12k just off the top of my head. And carpet too you said.
400hrs is nothing if it was taken care of. Could still look like it rolled off the showroom floor.
400hrs of abuse can make it look like a salvage project.
I'm in San Diego. I'd love to buy a boat here in southern CA or in west AZ. I agree with your estimates on the pricing, and am going to consider it. You guys are right inline with what I was thinking about offering.