View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200- Yamaha Pro-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
Do all pumps, stereo, PP etc work correctly? Also, what kind of shape is the trailer in? If it is in salt water, the the salt can eat it from the inside out. Was the boat on a lift or taken out of the water every time and stored on the trailer? I am assuming it was stored outside bc of the shape of the cover.

If it were me, I would say between 30-35K, but not more than that, assuming all the work that has to potentially be done. Salt water can really take a toll. Did you notice any pitting in the tower at all?
Trailer needs brake rotors at a minimum. Fluid looked good, and you can tell it was serviced regularily. However even with it being galvanized you can still tell it was salt used.

I'm trying to get this guy in the same ballpark as far as money before I even waste his time on a water test, or take it to my mechanic for a once over (about 45 miles away)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickespi View Post
I would be around the $32k range. Salt can be scarey, but can also get you a great deal.
Right and that is my thinking. Around here all the boats have been salt dunked. I do have to say after being on a few boats that were salt water used, this one has looked the best.

Last edited by Dylan; 03-04-2013 at 11:11 AM.