View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Prostar, 351 Windsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
All the small parts are in the kit. Any stripped screws need to be replaced. Check locally for them. I found the screws here http://www.aedperformance.com/Replacement%20Parts.htm

You might give Holley Tech a call. The stock screws should be cheaper. 270-781-9741
I found a guy in town that had them. He ask, "Whyd you take them out?" I replied, "Cause Im an idiot and didnt know any better." and in his grand father tone he said, "Welp, you're in a predicament arent you? Lets see if I can bail you out". He gave be 4 screws, 2 went in right away, the other 2 are being stubborn. I will get back to it next week. The Fuel Bowls are in place and a few other things are together on it too. Im having trouble understanding how the electric choke works. The diagram I have for reassembly is for a mechanical choke. I have a spring, and I didnt take close enough photos to understand the intricacies of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWGA Boater View Post
I'll let you practice on your carb. When your up to it I'll send mine your way!
In general it doesnt seem to be that big a deal really. Just dont take the screws out of the valves in the baseplate! I could give it a go if you want, but by no means am I willing to give you a guarantee of proper function afterwards. Lets find out how mine ends up working and I may change my mind.