View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 07:09 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
2/13/2013 Update: Concrete in basement is cured and back of house is sided.

The siders got the back of the house completed yesterday and it looks awesome, they have now moved on to the side facing the pond/master bedroom side and I would imagine it will be completed today. The concrete in the basement looks great as the saw cuts are now in.

So, today the HVAC guys are back to set the furnace and hook-up the duct work adn the framers will be back on Friday to put in the two 9' sliders which will make-up the walkout area as well as the door leading in from the garage to the basement and garage to the first floor. After that we will comfortably have heat throughout the house for the drywall guys.

Regarding the decking for the attic space, I thought about it a little late but it is only about 16 sheets and I tossed it up there last night instead of waiting.....a good workout!!!

Regarding the siding it is a product called Timbermill Siding and is made by Stylecrest. The specific siding name is Timbermill American Cedar and is shaped lke a quarter log showing the grain and knots throughout and the backside of the siding has a foam insulation which adds an R-value while giving the siding shape some structure. You can go to this website and check it out and I will also take a close-up pic of a piece so that you can better see the detail and profile.
http://www.timbermillsiding.com/
Attached Images