View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar 190, 1989, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlukens View Post
I had a Jobe Open Class Pro double high wrap I bought when I was in 8th grade. Mowed a lot of lawns to buy it. Sold it when I was about 16. My wife got if back for me this year for my 41st birthday from the guy I sold it to. She is coaching the guys kid on the local club swim team. My boat was already out of the water for the year, but I look forward to skiing it this spring. If I remember correctly, the Jobe Specta 1000 was the top of the line for that year, 1986 I think. Bought it from Bart's.
My Spectra 1000 was a freebie from the company. I was a sporting good buyer for a national chain from '85-'93. I don't remember the details, but someone named 'Jobe' (Gary maybe?) would fly in on a small private plane for the presentations. I do remember one time he flew into the wrong airport. All kinds of crazy rumors about that!

It's at my inlaw's lake house, I will post up some pictures on the next visit.

When I returned to skiing after a long break, I bought a Connelly Pilot. It was just so much easier to get up on. That was pre-MC. Quickly 'outgrew' the Pilot once I started skiing more and just got the Theory this past summer.
Somewhere between SML and LKG