View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 86 19' skier 351 PCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawler34 View Post
Hey guys I am looking to make a shot-ski from an old slalom ski for up north. I have a few ideas on how I am going to go about it, but i am missing the main piece! Having not grown up water skiing I do not have any old slalom skis I could use and do not really know anyone I could ask. May poke around at my dealers boat show next week tho.

I was wondering if anyone of the many avid skiers on the board would be willing to sell me something cheap? I am looking for as colorful and outrageous as possible in graphics. Doesn't matter what kind of ski. Biggest thing is I would like it to be longer than 66".

My plans include 4 MasterCraft shot glasses and I am sure a decal or two. I am still contemplating the best way to secure (either permanently or temporarily) to the ski, but will research more as I get everything.

I am avidly searching craigslist etc. Obviously trying to stay very cheap. Thought this may be as good a place as any to start.

Thanks! Also feel free to post pictures of your shot-ski! I am in the early stages looking for ideas!
Hey mlawler34 I do have an old Obrien Performers combo you could have. Looks to be from the 80's Not wood, and the graphics aren't as cool as the Jobe in #21 but it is purple on the bottom with purple and black graphics on top. If you're ever in Boyne City you could pick it up.