View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I have used mostly non-IR cameras and they still show color at night. With the AGC, you can crank up the gain and still not have blown out images. Also, the HME is great if someone comes along and thinks headlights or a bright flashlight will blind the cameras- all that does is show up as a dark spot where the light source is. If you or a neighbor has a bright light that will be in the camera's view, you can use the Privacy feature to block it and keep the AGC from darkening the whole image.

If you want to see something cool- look at the camera's image on the display and cover the lens with your hand- it goes dark, switches to B&W and you'll see the lines in the palm of your hand. I went to a distributor product show a few years ago and the training manager from DW had me do that- it's one of the main reasons I started using their products.
I have not done any adjusting on them yet but I believe there is a day and a night adjustment on them. I think I can adjust the IR at night to be low or secondary after the AGC has been adjust so that it only uses so much of the IR power. We'll see. At this point I'm still learning.

Thanks for all the tips.