Originally Posted by jkski
It seems like forever since I have updated you with anything new so here are a few things and I will have pictures to follow soon.
1) Passed plumbing inspection!
2) Passed electrical inspection!
3) Got gas run into the house, connected to temp furnace and fired it up to heat basement!
4) Siding has begun!
5) Concrete is going into the basement later this week!
6) Insulation is scheduled for Monday with the framers coming back out on Wednesday to finish up a few things.
We are moving along. This weekend we will be running some additional gas lines, pulling some Cat 5 cable and putting in the smurf tubing along with doing some clean-up.
Thanks again for all of the great advice you all have given throughout the process so far.
Rather than paddle bits (also called 'spade bits'), check these out- they're a lot better and can be filed sharo if you hit a nail. You can buy them as single bits or in a set.
For holes larger than 1-1/2", look at these and the Milwaukee Electric Tool Switchblade-
For the last two, don't even try it with a drill that doesn't have a handle- if one of these grabs something and the drill is high-torque, you'll tear your wrist up.
Home Depot and other places that sell Milwaukee tools have these- doesn't have to be Sears.