View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Wakesetter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.H. View Post
Well I havn't bought one yet but the one I'm looking at says it is 30" in height. If I would guess I would say that my one piece pole with rack are probably 50 lbs ish. But all the weight is up top with rack so holding it from the bottom and trying to lift it high is very sketchy. I'll give it a shot, nothing to lose!
I also have the rack on mine, and it sounds about the same weight. I usually stuff the lead cable into the board rack so it doesn't bang around. Hold it like a Roman spear, one hand lower than the other. Stick it through the hole in the bimini, and swap your hand to the other side. I was leary the first time too, but it is manageable. Removing is worse, and you're usually sore from all the watersports during the day :-)

I also saw you wanted to fold it back with the pole installed. I do this occasionally, but it definitely isn't ideal. I thought about getting a rigid pole for the rear bimini to support it while laying back, but never have. Good choice on the pylon, we love ours.