View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
you really think that 30% of all visits to resorts are people just on a "fad"? Yes, a 2-3% decline is "significant". you totally overlooked the point that snowboarders have more average days on the snow per year than skiers (now if that is statistically significant difference i have no idea, directionally, though, it is true). also, a 7.6 to 6.1 average day a year drop over 15 YEARS is "sharp"? give me a freaking break. I can tell you with assurance, that while it may ebb and flow (just like skiing has) snowboarding is here to stay (um who was in the Olympics first?). looks like for now, you pompous ski elitists will have to ride the same lifts we are. Don't like it? go to deer valley. I could care less.

Not that i'm against skiing, heck, my brother and some of my best friends ski, but don't call snowboarding a fad.

threadjack over
Haha relax man... the "elitist" thing was clearly followed by a smiley face for a reason. I ski, yes. Lots of my friends snowboard and I have no problem sharing a mountain with those who like to ride on one plank. I don't think snowboarding will ever die off completely, that's not even what I meant... I said it was dying based on what the article said, not implying it wouldn't be around in X number of years. I was skiing when nobody was snowboarding, was skiing when everyone started snowboarding, and still am skiing as I watch skiers rise in numbers again. I can't thank snowboarders enough for what they brought to the sport of skiing. Without the shape of a snowboard, we'd have boring skis that you can't ride edges and carve on.

I love you, man.