View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
I went to the San Antonio Boat show this weekend and walked away with a few observations.

1- The gelcoat on the Bu's is really nice, not sure what they use or do differently but I thought they clearly had the best gel.

2- talked to an MB guy and he said that MB's biggest issue is that they do not want to increase capacity or expand their market much. They are happy at the volume they are at now and don't have a lot of room to build more boats. I thought this was odd but I heard this a few times.

3- Loved the X10

4- I liked the interior on the new CC's but I do not like how tall that boat is, the thing is huge, I guess it does not matter on the water with the exception of running in a shallow area.

5- I did not like the interior on the Axis boats, definitely bare bones on the models they had at the show.

Tons of boats this year, everyone was represented and most had their full lineup. Texas Ski Ranch had almost every boat in the lineup and 2 stars.

My buddy at Texas Ski Ranch said they did well, sold a few new boats, a number of used boats and had a lot of people coming in this week to look at other boats. Malibu guy said he had not had much luck, same with the CC guys.